2Shapes for Rhino: Hinge New Command

Hi,

We are glad to announce a new command for 2Shapes for Rhino: Hinge.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks and best regards,

Rafael del Molino
2Shapes Technologies SLU

2 Likes

Hi Rafa,

It does not work here. When I try to select the hinge location, the whole bangle gets selected.

1 Like

Hi John,

Yes! It will be ready in the next beta. We are waiting the developers finish other commands to release a new version.

It will be next week.

Thanks,

Rafael del Molino
2Shapes Technologies

1 Like

Hello Rafa,

I believe I am running the latest update: 1.5.6 but I cannot get the hinge command to work. The tool seems to want me to select a solid and then a point. But then I just get an error message; Please click to preview if I first click the check mark.

Thank you,

Andy

Hello Andy,

Please click to preview, is a message when there is not geometry created. I think is because the original solid you are using. Can you publish it here the 3DM or send it to me by email?

Thanks,

Rafa

Hello Rafa,

I did get the command to work but it was from within Rhino. Thank you, Andy

bangle1.3dm (488.7 KB)

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your answer.

2Shapes is the same in Rhino and in 2Shapes Interface, I think the difference was the point selected. Maybe is wasn’t enough space to create the geometry.

Thanks!

Rafa

1 Like

Hello Rafa,

Yes, but how to set the parameters so it does work - enough space to create the geometry- is not clear to me.

Thank you,

Andy

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your comment. I was thinking about what can be the problem, and I think we missed a parameter of direction (or orientation) for the hinge axis.

Now, we added a new parameter and it will work great!

Please let me know your thoughts. This new feature is included from 1.0.0.2. Please check you are at least at this version.

Thanks and best regards,

Rafael del Molino
2Shapes Technologies SLU

1 Like

Hello Rafa,

I think that the command is working better now but I am still getting some error messages. Using a bangle I cannot snap to a point like Quad to make the hing and in some places along the bangle surface the hing works fine ( a little off to one side) but if I want the hinge centered I get an error message. I am making the bangle in the Perspective view with direction Y. I am essentially just following along with your tutorial.

Thank you,

Andy

Hello Rafa,

I moved the bangle to where the top quad was at 0 and then a guide line to try to center the hinge and got a pretty good result.

Thank you,

Andy

bange_hindge.3dm (601.5 KB)

2 Likes