Add own designs?

Hello!
I am just learning about 2shapes and I was wondering if it was possible to add own designs to the 2shapes shop? Is it possible to upload them to 2shapes ?
It does not have to be parametric, but just to showcase and maybe select metal colors?
Is it possible to create own parametric models and upload them with the Rhino plugin?

thank you!

2 Likes

Hi Matthias,
Thanks for your questions!, and welcome to discourse! :slight_smile:

…if it was possible to add own designs to the 2shapes shop? Is it possible to upload them to 2shapes ?

Yes, you can upload as Element, in Designer > Elements you can upload static elements. And you can upload 3DM and STL!

Then you can create a design with just one element! :slight_smile: Just a requirement, it will check if it is printable!

It does not have to be parametric, but just to showcase and maybe select metal colors?

Sure! :slight_smile: Remember to set the design as public to added in a collection!

Is it possible to create own parametric models and upload them with the Rhino plugin?

Yes, that what we are working on these days!

Then you can upload to 2Shapes and keep all the parametrical for your store!! :slight_smile:

If you have any questions, please me know!

Thanks,

Rafael

1 Like

wow Rafael, you are fast as a lightning, lol. amazing!
That sounds really great ! I will try it for sure !

when setting a design as public, does that mean it can also be sold by other stores or is “public” just my store?

thank you!

1 Like

Hi!

Yes, discourse send us a notification! :slight_smile: and I’m now in Munich waiting to setup the booth for tomorrow in Inhorgenta!

I’m using old developer vocabulary.

When we created 2Shapes Cloud, we are thinking in a medium and large organization, and in these organizations, the design team can be in other locations that the marketing or sales team.

By default, when you create a design is Private or in the app is called Work in Progress, and is not possible to add to your store or eCommerce. Imagine that you are working on it, or you are waiting for the approval, and your store is starting to using it.

If you set as Public, now in the app is Disable Work-in-Progress, it means that my colleagues of the organization can add it in the store or eCommerce.

Let me do an example!

I created a design in my Inhorgenta folder:

There is a lock active, it means that if you go to Collection, and you try to add it, is not on the list.

If you unlock the design (what I said make it public), then it will appear on the list, and it will be selectable!

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Rafa

1 Like

thanks alot! sounds really great. I wish you a great time and lots of a business at Inhorgenta. Unfortunately I will not make it this year but I will be sure to try out 2shapes very soon.

1 Like

Hi Rafa I would like to learn more about this and the ‘cloud’…how to use the cloud?

1 Like