Comparison to Matrix workflow

I’m having my first go with 2Shapes for Rhino and as an old Matrix user I’m trying to see how it compares to a standard workflow. So a simple open shank as I would teach in lesson one of a Matrix class. I found ring rail under shanks tick! Now for a couple of profiles to sweep 1 with. Found the profiles I think via the curves menu under assets which took me online to your profiles library tick. But how do I get the chosen profile onto the ring rail or am I doing this wrong?

1 Like

Hi Tim,

Good point! It is pretty similar from my point of view, but I think what you are looking for is the command Ring by Sections or Channel.

We are adding the gumballs and it will be ready!! I think it will be ready next beta!

Do you think these commands can work for you?

Thanks,

Rafa

1 Like

Hi Rafa,

I'll give that a go next as you would imagine my muscle memory is Matrix Matrix Matrix so its natural for me to try and use this as if I were in Matrix. I can adapt by all means and I'm trying to bend the stock shanks to my will at the moment. What i will ask is once I have decided on a set of parameters for shank when click the tick thereafter how do I get the handles back if its not quite right? Or is it like Clayoo signet builder for instance once you click ok its game over?
2 Likes

Hi Tim,

Good question! You can modify any element by finding it in the Outliner and then clicking on this little bar.

For example, to edit a Halo, I would go to the Outliner and click on the bar on it’s left:

This should open all the parameters again, so you can make all the modifications you want.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Voila! thank you loving it so far although I feel like a complete noob or boob depending who you are talking to!

2 Likes

Glad to help, here you have the 2Shapes team for any question you may come across!

Hoping you enjoy your experience with 2Shapes,

Xavier Garcia

1 Like