Last release for Rhino 0.1.2.2 problem

Hi everyone. I’m new here and, what a shame, I have to talk about a problem.
I just downloaded the latest version 0.1.2.2 and installed it on my DELL workstation. (WIN 7 Pro)

Everything was fine with the previous version, until yesterday, when, trying to open a command, it seemed that my version had expired and that I had to update to the new one.
Well, I did, I launched its exe (as administrator, I always do it in Rhino) and everything seemed to be going well. When I launched Rhino 6.0, I was notified that the 2Shapes rhp initialization had failed. (see image)
I tried to uninstall from Ctrl.Panel> Programs and reinstall, (this time not as an administrator) but the result was the same.

Too bad, I wanted to take advantage of Sunday to learn better to use it … I await answers …
By the way, GOOD WE TO ALL !

1 Like

Hi Gus,

The problem is you are running on Windows 7.0.

The system requirements for Rhino 6.0 and 2Shapes for Rhino is Windows 8.1 and 10. Is there a way you can update to Windows 7.1?

From 0.1.2.1 (2 versions ago), we add a libraries to record video command, and for that reason, is required Windows 8.1 or higher.

Today, we published a new beta (0.1.2.3), please may you try to install it? Download…

Thanks,

Rafael

1 Like

Hi Rafael and thank you very much for your kind and quick reply.
I have, at the moment, WIN 7 PRO with SP1 installed.
( look at the photo)
I would prefer not to switch to WIN 10, if possible, because I still have old but useful softwares, which would no longer work.
I will try the new release and then I will be able to tell you.
Thank you so much for your great kindness.

GUS

1 Like

Hi Rafael :wave:
Second reply:
Even the new release you pointed out to me doesn’t work, not even trying to manually load the rhp.
What a pity…
Ok thanks a lot, however, for the support.

GUS

1 Like

Claudio,

Why you don’t update to Windows 10? Windows 7 is 12 years old, and from a security point of view, is not good to stay in 7.

I think you don’t need to format your computer, and it is free.

I was googling and I found: Microsoft’s free upgrade offer for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users ended a few years ago, but you can still technically upgrade to Windows 10 free of charge.

Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks,

Rafa

1 Like

Hola Rafa.
Vale, supongo que tengo que hacerlo. Demasiado malo para los viejos programas que no se actualizan y que probablemente ya no podrĂ­an usarse.
Muchas gracias por la informaciĂłn y por la ayuda.
(Te escribí en español, así que practico un poco :wink: :laughing: )

2 Likes