Weight - New Feature

Hello,

We added a new command to get the weight of our design in one click.

In the next version 2.0.0.3, you will find a new icon in the Outliner, also under Analyze tab:

Of course, also in Rhino toolbars:

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks and best regards,

Rafael del Molino
2Shapes Technologies SLU

2 Likes

Hi Rafael,

I am not sure if you are all still working on this feature but I thought I would let you know it is not calculating properly. I created a bezel ring 18kt white the software calculated over 12 grams but it was cast and finished at 5.4 grams. When I calculated the estimated weight using the volume command then used my excel weight conversion I estimated 5.6 grams. I See picture included :slight_smile: Cheers! Heather

18kt White Gold Bezel Ring 5.4 grams|690x384

Hi,

May you send me the file (rafael@2shapes.com)? I will check urgently! The computation is easy, but maybe is getting duplicated objects.

Thanks,

I just send you two file to have a look at.

The first file 2021 11 05 CARLSON BEZEL 0018- Is complete with all LAYERS still included in the file however I turned off and locked all layers except the final Boolean model layer and it looks like the software seems to be calculating the weight from all models (including the ones that are turned off and locked).

The second file 2021 11 05CARLSON BEZEL 0018 NEW WEIGHT- I deleted ALL the other layers… only leaving the final BOOLEAN layer and the weigh converts properly.

Have a look and let me know what you think.

Cheers
Heather

Hi Heather,

Thanks a lot for the information, it helps us to fix it. The problem was it get all the objects, even the hidden objects.

It is fixed. We will release a new update in the next hours.

Thanks and best regards,

Rafa

2 Likes

Hello Rafael,

Can you add other metals to the default list? If so, how please?

Thank you,

Andy

Hello Andy,

Is not possible to add more metals right now. But we can add a new feature to do it. What materials are you missing?

Thanks,

Rafael del Molino
2Shapes Technologies SLU

Hello Rafa,

This is a great tool and question. The issue is not really what materiel is per say missing ( to date it would be other “classic” metals for me, but others might be working with other alloys, nonmetallic materials, PMC etc.than are listed) but rather what “materiel creativity” or practicality is needed for a particular project.

So I guess this functionality could be added to the “to do” list so as to focus on the development of modeling tools since the weight, I imagine, can be calculated or pretty closely calculated independently of the 2Shapes software given you know the volume.

Thank you,

Andy

1 Like